The main duty of the service technician is to diagnose and complete necessary repairs per individual service order with efficiency, integrity and dependability.
Benefits kick in after one full year of employment. Only full-time employees are eligible.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Employee discount
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- To uphold the mission, vision, corporate culture of Parnell Pool & Spa
- To service Parnell Pool & Spa customers by
- Being able to read, interpret, and execute service orders to include pre-calling customers, gathering necessary parts and equipment needed to complete the day’s orders, as well as maintain tools and equipment provided for service vehicles.
- Diagnosing and correcting service problems on inground and aboveground pools and spas.
- By communicating with distributors and manufacturers representatives to help diagnose customer’s service problems and order products.
- Completing renovations according to desired specifications.
- Correctly pricing service and/or renovation projects consistent with the guidelines and criteria required for the job.
- To provide an explanation of work performed and pricing to the customer.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Service manager and co-service technicians to ensure that your daily functions are being completed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Use a variety of Hand tools.
- To document work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress and duration.
- To maintain an accurate inventory of parts and tools on service truck.
- To call in after individual service calls to keep service manager informed of daily progress.
- To indoctrinate customers on proper operation of all pool equipment and accessories by having clear knowledgeable communication skills.
- To be flexible to work overtime and Saturday’s as necessary.
- To keep the service vehicle properly maintained, serviced, including oil changes and inspections, and clean.
- To help with shop maintenance, restocking, and other tasks assigned by any member of management.
- To aid in development of departmental objectives and goals.
- To train new and current service technicians
- To address complaints and resolve problems with Service Manager.
- To help analyze weekly, monthly and yearly service reports and compare them to desired departmental objectives and goals.
- To understand the overriding importance of service as a function of the position. The service technician is to demonstrate by his or her practices that customer needs will be serviced with integrity and dependability.
- To act in an ethical and professional manner to achieve company objectives and goals.
- To aid in strategic planning sessions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability of ongoing and future service projects.
Support the organizational structure of Parnell Pool & Spa by attending staff meetings, seeking and attending professional development opportunities, working in a team atmosphere and cooperating with other staff members, and completing paperwork in a timely manner.
Strong one-on-one communication skills are a necessity. Must be able to interact with each customer in a professional, courteous manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge in mechanics, tools, plumbing, and electronic controls.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers and other employees of the organization.
- The ability to attend continuing education seminars and share information with co-workers in a semi-formal presentation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance within employed working hours.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in a positive or negative situation; Listens and gets clarification when needed; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support: Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organization: Use time efficiently.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for their own actions.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors their own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for their own actions; Keeps commitments.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Completion of a standard high school program or vocational program.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Physiological demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employees must be able to be in the heat for long periods of time.
- Employees must be able to lift 75 to 100 pounds with assistance.
“The Parnell Way”
We are specifically looking for an individual who demonstrates the following traits consistent with our culture and values, also known as the “The Parnell Way” of doing business:
- Customer Focus
- Respect for Others
- Accountability and Discipline
- Excellence…in ALL YOU DO
- Safety First…at ALL Times
- Passion for the Company
Reasonable accommodations may be made in order to perform the essential functions. This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of Parnell Pool & Spa, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.