Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available in Lumberton, NC
Parnell Pool and Spa is hiring for a Sales Associate in their Lumberton, NC showroom. In this role you will have the opportunity to showcase your customer service skills and product knowledge in the pool and spa industry by working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. You will be empowered to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction.
To be successful as a Sales Associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance and high standards. This role is based at our store in Lumberton and is open to full time or part time employees.
To be considered, please provide a resume or LinkedIn profile and cover letter. Use the cover letter as an opportunity to pitch yourself for the role.
Who we are:
Parnell has been a locally owned and operated business since 1995. We have been rated as one of the best pool and spa companies in the Fayetteville/Lumberton area. We serve homeowners in the five county area. We have grown by focusing on crafting high quality pools, being an expert for our customers to rely upon and trusting our employees to go the extra mile for our customers. Here’s where you come in!
What You Will Be Doing:
In this role you will have three major responsibilities with customer focus at the heart of them all. You will be the face of our company to our customers so it is important that you demonstrate and uphold our company values while providing a resolution to customer’s needs.
- Welcome customers into the store, assess their needs, and provide assistance on product features and benefits
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Possess strong selling skills
- Drive sales by being goal oriented to recommend the correct product(s) for the customer’s needs
- Achieve sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Stay current and knowledgeable on products and services
- Process product exchanges and returns
- Complete paperwork in a timely and complete manner
- Respond to customer complaints and comments and document them to assess any developing trends that may need to be addressed
- Communicate with your supervisor or management team any innovative ideas for improving the operation of the retail floor or improving customer relations
- Create ideas for the organization and implementation of special promotions, displays and events
- Test pool and spa water samples, review/explain the test results and recommend products using the BioGuard water analysis printout.
What You Will Need To Have:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent customer service experience is required. This includes:
- Ability to manage difficult customer situations
- Respond promptly to customer requests via phone or in person
- Excellent oral and written communication in English. Billegial communication in Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Be dependable and take initiative
- Must be able to be on time to work daily
- Seek opportunities to improve performance and help others
- Use time effectively
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Uphold Parnell core values in all that you do
- Completion of high school or vocational program
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
“The Parnell Way”
We are specifically looking for an individual who demonstrates the following traits consistent with our culture and values, also known as the “The Parnell Way” of doing business:
- Customer Focus
- Respect for Others
- Accountability and Discipline
- Excellence…in ALL YOU DO
- Safety First…at ALL Times
- Passion for the Company
This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of Parnell Pool & Spa, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.