Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available in Fayetteville, NC
The Sales Associate’s responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance and high standards.
Benefits kick in after one full year of employment. Only full-time employees are eligible.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Employee discount
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
Success in this position will be determined by the following measurable results:
- Welcome customers into the store, assess their needs, and provide assistance on product features and benefits.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through excellent service.
- Possess strong selling skills.
- Drive sales by being goal oriented.
- Achieve sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on products and services.
- Process product exchanges and returns.
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments, as well as recording them so as to develop any trends that may be developing.
- Communicate with your supervisor or management team any innovative ideas for improving the operation of the retail floor or improving customer relations.
- Create ideas for the organization and implementation of special promotions, displays and events.
- Test pool and spa water samples, review/explain the test results and recommend products using the BioGuard water analysis printout.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The traits listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required:
- Possess a positive attitude and an outgoing, positive personality.
- Ability to work as a team and maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Possess a great customer service attitude.
- Ability to handle fast-paced, stressful situations.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Possess the ability to manage time and be a multi-tasker.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, drive and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Understand the need to follow processes and procedures.
- Possess an entrepreneurial flair with good risk assessment skills.
- Ability to share information with co-workers in a semi-formal presentation after attending continuing education seminars.
- Always make decisions in the best interest of the company.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance within employed working hours.
- Quality Management: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organization: Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for their own actions.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors their own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions; Responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for their own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification when needed; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Wanting to do better: Exhibits a never-ending quest to improve performance in every variable, every project, every relationship and every detail.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits enthusiasm and greets each day with a positive attitude.
- Dealing with the unexpected: Analyzes the situation and is willing to change direction, make a new plan/take a new path and try new solutions.
- Helpfulness: Always ready to lend a helping hand by making suggestions and offering compliments, when earned, as real success in the workplace requires teamwork.
- Taking Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and take on the task, big or small, as professionals take the initiative to get things done.
- Remaining Focused: Navigates through obstacles or setbacks but never loses sight of the end result, as professionals remain focused on the task at hand and the goal ahead.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Completion of a standard high school program or vocational program.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret general and technical information.
- Seek and attend professional development opportunities in order to improve sales techniques and closing ratios as well as other skills to help reach maximum potential.
Physiological demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Employees must be able to lift 50 pounds.
“The Parnell Way”
We are specifically looking for an individual who demonstrates the following traits consistent with our culture and values, also known as the “The Parnell Way” of doing business:
- Customer Focus
- Respect for Others
- Accountability and Discipline
- Excellence…in ALL YOU DO
- Safety First…at ALL Times
- Passion for the Company
Reasonable accommodations may be made in order to perform the essential functions. This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of Parnell Pool & Spa, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.