Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available in Lumberton, NC
Simply put, stores make money by selling products and services. The Retail Assistant & Stock Room Associate plays an integral role in transactions by ensuring merchandise is available and locatable. Stocking is not always an easy task, especially when customers handle and move merchandise. The Stock Associate must know where every product is supposed to be located in the showroom and stockroom, monitor stock levels and fill shelf space as needed, locate misplaced stock and relocate that product to its correct location. The goal is to make everything presentable and desirable to the consumer.
Success in this position will be determined by the following measurable results:
Filling the Sales Floor
- Customers become disgruntled when they aren’t able to find what they want to buy. The Retail Assistant & Stock Room Associate needs to keep a sufficient supply of merchandise on the shelves and racks for customers to peruse and purchase. As amounts go down, the associate should refill empty areas, such as putting out more items when the section starts to become sparse. The merchandise should be stocked from oldest to newest, with the newest products in the back, so they can be rotated to the front.
- Not everything a store has available can be put out on the sales floor. The Retail Assistant & Stock Associate needs to assist with individual customer requests, such as searching the backroom stock area for a particular item not found on the sales floor.
Attending to Merchandise
- The Retail Assistant & Stock Associate should aim to keep the facility clean, organized and filled with sellable items. Retail Sales Associates may give Retail Assistants directions on setting up displays and redesigning the showroom and/or stockroom.
Cleaning the Showroom and Stockroom
- When the showroom and stockroom is clean and organized, employees can move around easily and find what the customer needs quickly and easily. Stock Associates should perform tasks such as breaking down boxes, emptying garbage cans, sweeping and vacuuming floors…to maintain a neat, efficient environment.
Assist Retail Sales Associates with tasks including, but not limited to:
- Welcoming customers to the showroom
- Water testing
- Ringing up sales
- Collecting analysis-recommended chemicals
- Helping customers take chemicals and other merchandise to their cars
- Answering the phones
- Cleaning and maintaining the stores appearance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The traits listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required:
- Possess a positive attitude and an outgoing, positive personality.
- Ability to work as a team and maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Possess a great customer service attitude.
- Ability to handle fast-paced, stressful situations.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Possess the ability to manage time and be able to multi-task.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, drive and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills as well as the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Understand the need to follow processes and procedures.
- Possess an entrepreneurial flair with good risk assessment skills.
- Ability to share information with co-workers in a semi-formal presentation after attending continuing education seminars.
- Always make decisions in the best interest of the company.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service: manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance within employed working hours.
- Quality Management: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support: follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organization: uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for their own actions.
- Quality: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors their own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for their own actions; keeps commitments.
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication: writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; is able to read and interpret written information.
- Wanting to do better: exhibits a never-ending quest to improve performance in every variable, every project, every relationship and every detail.
- Enthusiasm: exhibits enthusiasm and greets each day with a positive attitude.
- Dealing with the unexpected: analyzes the situation and is willing to change direction, make a new plan/take a new path and try new solutions.
- Helpfulness: always ready to lend a helping hand by making suggestions and offering compliments, when earned, as real success in the workplace requires teamwork.
- Taking Initiative: recognizes what needs to be done and take on the task, big or small, as professionals take the initiative to get things done.
- Remaining Focused: navigates through obstacles or setbacks but never loses sight of the end result, as professionals remain focused on the task at hand and the goal ahead.
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Completion of a standard high school program or vocational program.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret general and technical information.
- Seek and attend professional development opportunities in order to improve sales techniques and closing ratios as well as other skills to help reach maximum potential.
Physiological demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Employees must be able to lift 50 pounds.
“The Parnell Way”
We are specifically looking for an individual who demonstrates the following traits consistent with our culture and values, also known as the “The Parnell Way” of doing business:
- Customer Focus
- Respect for Others
- Accountability and Discipline
- Excellence…in ALL YOU DO
- Safety First…at ALL Times
- Passion for the Company
Reasonable accommodations may be made in order to perform the essential functions. This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of Parnell Pool & Spa, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.