Understanding if a Hot Tub is the Right Choice for You
Owning a hot tub is like having a personal spa and relaxing oasis right in your backyard. Once you decide to invest in a hot tub, choosing the right one can often be challenging. To help, Parnell Pool & Spa put together our list of the Top 5 FAQs when it comes to hot tubs and their benefits.
What are the benefits of owning a hot tub?
A high-quality hot tub can improve your life in ways you never thought possible. Incorporating a hot tub into your daily routine can help reduce stress, ease pain, improve sleep, and increase flexibility. Other benefits are
- Improved range of motion
- Relief from arthritis symptoms and pain
- Relief from fibromyalgia symptoms
- Reduce lower back pain
- Decrease anxiety
- Ease sore muscles
- Improved cardiovascular health
Aside from a relaxing experience, a soak in your hot tub can help in other therapeutic areas.
Where can I put my hot tub?
The location of your hot tub is an essential factor when deciding on the type, style, and brand. Choosing a location needs to encompass both a practical and comfortable mindset. Ask yourself
- Once the hot tub is delivered, what is the access and transportation route for the unit? Is there a clear, wide path to make transportation easy?
- A 450-gallon hot tub filled with water (and people) can be roughly 6,000 lbs! Therefore, it is important to pick a location that can support every pound. Before installing your hot tub, think about getting a qualified builder or contractor to assess if your structure is sound.
- No matter where you choose to place your hot tub, you have to think about
- Drainage- Will draining the hot tub damage the surrounding area?
- Waterproofing- Will the surrounding area need to be treated with a waterproof layer or sealant?
- Maintenance- When it comes to maintenance, will it be easy to access and service?
- Ease of use is another consideration. If the hot tub is easy to access and use, the likelihood of routine, daily use will increase.
- Comfort and privacy are other factors to consider when placing your hot tub. A quality spa is made to last, which means you need to be happy with the location for the long haul.
What types of hot tubs are there?
A lot! There are many different types of hot tubs with various features and functions, so to list them all would be overwhelming. Our experts at Parnell Pool & Spa have limited the list to a simple buying guide to combat the issue.
- Every jet and massage element is important to the overall experience of your hot tub. Think about why you are purchasing the hot tub to better understand what type of massage and jet experience is best for you. Is massage a priority? Does the hot tub help with neck pain? Do you want the jets to give you a full body massage?
- Ensure the hot tub is made from reliable parts and the best materials to give you a superior product. Think about purchasing a hot tub with a durable, acrylic shell that is stain and scratch resistant. Don’t forget that the exterior must also be made from quality material that is weather resistant.
- Water management and quality control are also something to consider when choosing the type of hot tub that best suits your needs. Sparkling, clear water depends on the multiple filtration systems in place.
- Dimensions and style are also something to consider when choosing the type of hot tub that best fits your needs. For example, will the hot tub be portable or in-ground? What dimension best fits your family size and the location of the hot tub when delivered to your home? How many seats do you want, and how will that affect the size?
If you are interested in reading more about choosing the right hot tub, take a look at our article “Guide to Choosing the Right Hot Tub.”
How hard is it to maintain a hot tub?
One of the main reasons people shy away from purchasing a hot tub is because they are concerned about maintenance and care. Hot tub water care comes down to one simple step — properly balancing the water and ensuring the sanitizer within the spa is working correctly. Along with caring for the hot tub filters, there isn’t much more that needs to be done!
Want to read more about hot tub maintenance? Take a look at our article “Hot Tub Maintenance: Why, How, and When”
Where can I buy a hot tub?
A reputable hot tub dealer is the best place to purchase a hot tub. One, it allows you to tap into a wealth of knowledge and information when it comes to the different types and styles of hot tubs. Two, a good hot tub dealer will understand the warranty terms and make sure your hot tub is always in working condition.
If you want to learn more about hot tubs and which option is best for you, Contact Us or stop by our Fayetteville or Lumberton location anytime. While in the store, check out our products or get a specific question answered by one of our experts. Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Instagram as well.
Want to read more about interesting pool topics?
Take a look at the following blogs:
- Quality Water in Your Hot Tub is Key
- 5 Steps To Drain and Refill Your Hot Tub
- How Often Should I Drain and Refill My Hot Tub
- How Big of a Hot Tub Should I Get?
Test Your Water Often
As you prepare for the winter months, it is a good idea to test your hot tub water every few days. When analyzing your water, take note of the chlorine consumption, pH levels, and alkalinity. No matter the water temperature, you are more likely to use your hot tub during the summer months and this increased usage means more contaminants and bacteria.
Need Help Testing Your Water?
At Parnell Pool & Spa, our trusted specialists use only the best equipment and procedures to get a complete and accurate reading of your hot tub water. Our computerized Water Analysis System, BioGuard’s® ALEX®, provides results in an instant with step-by-step instructions. Bring us your water sample today and leave knowing every step needed to get your hot tub water safe and sanitary.