5 Steps to Properly Collect a Water Sample
Why is collecting a water sample properly so important? Properly collecting a water sample increases the accuracy of your water test. Having an accurate water test helps us recommend the right chemicals and helps you have a clear, comfortable pool all season long!
- Make sure the water has been circulating for a minimum of 12-24 hours at Spring opening and a minimum of 6 hours during the pool season.
- Grab a water sample bottle.
- Collect your water sample, making sure you reach down to your elbow (or about 18 inches).
- Fill up the entire bottle. It’s better to have excess sample water than not enough.
- Bring the sample into your local BioGuard water-test center, Parnell Pool & Spa. For the best results, make sure the sample is no more than 2 days old, in a closed container, and stays at room temperature prior to being brought in for a water test. The sooner the water is tested, the more accurate the results.
Need even more convincing? Find information on topics like Benefits of Owning a Pool, Types of Pools, Pool Safety, Pool Maintenance, and more!